The investment in physical gold, silver, and other precious metals has been a hot topic of debate in many trading and investment groups. I can guarantee you that you will find supporters and opponents of investing with physical precious metals. Each side has its foundational beliefs, which is fuel for their firm positions. This is a healthy debate as investors need both sides to be able to decide which viewpoint is best for their individual investment needs. See American Hartford to get more info.
My perspective? My viewpoint? History has taught us something: an economic crisis can rear its ugly head at the most innocuous times. I learned the hard lesson that total diversification is vital in those times.
Here are a few reasons to invest in physical gold and/or silver.
* You can keep your purchasing power up if inflation increases.
* Helps to protect you from the Government’s free-flowing cash printing press. Our country manages the nation’s debt by printing more money in order to pay off its existing debt. Is it possible to solve a problem like a debt crisis without creating more debt? Who is going eventually to pay this price anyway? If you have physical silver and gold, it is unlikely that you will.
* It can protect against a major financial crisis.
* Protect your savings to avoid currency (U.S. Dollar), exchange rate fluctuations
* Gold can be used for more than just money preservation. The S&P 500 has been outperformed by gold, real estate and currencies since 1971.
* Despite what others may say, silver and gold are extremely liquid in comparison to other types.
* Physical silver and gold are tangible investments. What is the best way to protect your wealth?
* Gold and Silver are not worth zero.
* There is a decreasing supply, but an increasing global demand
* Amounts of appreciation are tax-free when purchased in an IRA.
* Gold investment is the secret of ultra-rich. The world’s most wealthy families are currently hoarding precious metals. Why isn’t your family? An IRA allows you to do it.
These are just a couple of reasons why I invest physically in gold and silver. And the way I do so is through a Self-Directed IRA. Why a Self-Directed IRA? It’s so simple to do, and your investment is protected according to the governing laws just as a regular IRA.